Friday, April 9, 2010

"She shoulda said, 'Watch out! I'm a vegetarian!"

Have you gotten to watch The Blind Side yet?

I did this past weekend with all my girls at the In-Law's house.

Have you ever been completely blown away by the unexpected things you see in a loved one or family member? As the movie started, I was so focused on the issues going on in Sandra Bullock's life, that I just felt TERRIBLE for her. Even if you are like a hundred and sixty years old and used to rob banks in the Wild West, you don't get special permission to be an anal sphincter.

But, in credit to Sandra's exceptional acting ability, I very quickly lost myself in the real life story of Michael Oher, and his exceptional adoptive family. Quite a story...

But, I've got to tell you, my Macy is a HOOT!  I'll explain.

If you haven't seen the movie yet, please do.  If you have seen it, do you remember the scene where the tutor, played by Kathy Bates is interviewing for the job tutoring Michael. She ends the scene by telling Sandra Bullock's character that she's going to reveal something that she's never told anyone before.  She says something like, "I just wanted you to know, I'm a Democrat."

My 7-year old, Macy, belly-laughing, busts out with, "She shoulda said, 'Watch Out! I'm a vegetarian!'"

What?

Where did that come from?

So good to be surprised by a family member in such a good and funny way.

So sorry, Sandra... your surprise wasn't fun at all.

(If you wanna support her as she watches her cheating husband's kids while he's in rehab, i thought i'd include these.)

...Christopher Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that my 9 year old reads this...